More and more brands are making the switch from rigid to flexible packaging every day. According to a recent report by Knowledge Sourcing Intelligence, the North American flexible packaging market was worth $30 billion in 2015 and is expected to be valued at nearly $34 billion by 2021. Some reasons attributed to the growth of flexible packaging include:
- Rising popularity of pouches–predicted to grow 6.5% a year to 2020
- Consumer perception that stand-up pouches signify quality
- Increased consumer demand of convenient smaller pack sizes
- Eco-friendly benefits–flexible packaging consumes less energy to manufacture and transport
At Glenroy, we continue to be at the forefront of this movement by providing a wide range of flexible packaging capabilities, innovative products, and top-tier service to our customers:...
Register for free admission to Pack Expo International 2016, compliments of Glenroy. You'll receive access to the world’s largest processing and packaging show, where over 45,000 packaging professionals will gather to see over 2,300 exhibitors.
Register now to:
- Learn where packaging trends are headed in your industry.
- Investigate innovative new packaging technologies that can give you a competitive edge.
- See processing and packaging machinery in action.
- Network at the packaging industry’s largest event.
- Access over 140 free educational sessions.
Be sure to stop by Glenroy’s booth #4054 in the South Hall to see the debut of a groundbreaking new stand-up pouch option!
- November 6 – 9, 2016
- Located at McCormick Place in Chicago...
Stand-up pouches are one of the fastest growing packaging formats, with stand-up pouch usage projected to grow by 7% each year through 2018. Thanks to advances in flexible packaging materials, fitments, and filling equipment, many products once limited to rigid packaging are now excellent candidates for pouches.
When thinking about packaging for liquid products, pouches may not be the first thing that comes to mind. But an increasing number of brands are switching from rigid packaging to stand-up pouches for liquid products such as beverages, syrups, cleaning solutions, and even oils and lubricants.
Why Convert from Rigid Packaging to Pouches?
The benefits of choosing stand-up pouches over rigid packaging are many. Flexible pouches:
- Are conveniently lighter and more portable for today’s on-the-go consumers.
- Result in a higher product-to-package ratio.