For decades, Glenroy has been dedicated to preserving the environment through air emissions control, energy conservation, and recycling initiatives. Good stewardship of resources has been a principle of Glenroy, Inc. since our company was founded in 1965.
Our culture promotes continuous improvement, and environmental awareness is one of the areas where we have made great strides.
Air Emissions Control
- We have significantly reduced our VOC emissions by switching our flexographic printing from an open-air decking system to a closed central-impression system. This prevents VOC’s from escaping into the ambient environment.
- Since 1989, we have destroyed over 98% of captured VOC emissions through the use of catalytic and regenerative thermal oxidizers. Our regenerative thermal oxidizers utilize high-efficiency heat exchangers to thermally destroy HAP’s and VOC’s.
- By installing energy efficient lighting in our manufacturing facilities, we have reduced energy consumption of lighting by 26%.
- Our electricity consumption has been significantly reduced in winter months through the utilization of a free cooling loop on our process chilled water system.
- We have reduced manufacturing process waste by 40%.
- Of our recycled press wash solvent, 70% is processed into reusable fuel.
- We recycle 70% of the solvents used in our printing processes.
- We Recycle
- between 20 and 22 tons of packaging trim scrap every two weeks.
- approximately one ton of paper every two months.
- approximately four 55-gallon drums of aluminum cans, plastic bottles, and glass containers every six weeks.
- approximately 250,000 pounds of wood pallets, sideboard, and packaging every year.
Through our recycling programs, more than 100,000 pounds of materials are kept out of landfills and kept in the materials cycle every month.